This tends to confuse me as well. I think it should be 790.6, if they have had abnormal blood work regarding the Thyroid. If you look in the ICD-9 in volume 1, where the 794 section begins, read the "includes" notes. I don't believe that by only having abnormal blood work, that is would fall under any of the categories listed under "includes". This was throwing me off for the liver function tests too.
Hope that helps you make a decision. If anyone else has any input it would be greatly appreciated.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join