Thread: cpt 90862 pharmacolgical management- URGENT!!!

Exclamation cpt 90862 pharmacolgical management- URGENT!!!

Promo: Code Books
    Can anyone help with the following senario???

Psychiatrist rounds on inpatient with Dementia, etc (ICD-9 331.0, 294.10, 294.8 and 294.11) for pharmacological management of his multiple medications. The code used was 90862 for each date of service.

Questions:
    1. Is there any documentation that supports use of this code inpatient and
    the appropriateness of utilization of this code for inpatient and outpatients?

2. Is there a "written policy" for any frequency limitation? (number of visits per month)

3. Chart documentation supports dates of service billed... which during some months was upwards of 15 visits. So the question of the appropriateness of the quantity, etc.

4. Is there another more appropriate code to utilize? ( other than an E&M since the documentation does not appear to support much in the way of E&M)

5. Anyone willing to talk to me about this who is experienced in phychiatric field? Please forward your number and I will call you

Thanks so much for an immediate response....I need this ASAP!!!

Janice Grygla 435-879-2403
    According to a Medicare update in September 2008 90852 is used in the office setting, and involves minimal medical psychotherapy.

Similar Threads

1. Urgent help CPT 56501
    By kumeena in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 09:20 AM
  2. Cpt 90862
    By doverweg in forum E/M
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 07:34 AM
  3. 90862 - urgent!!!!
    By ddr2 in forum Behavioral Health
    Replies: 1