I have a breast cancer patient coming back in for excision of left axillary mass (which is a lymph node) and also modification and closure of dog ear deformity of the lateral right mastectomy wound.
The modification of the wound is the procedure code in question. The patient is placed in a semi-lateral position. An elliptical incision extending up onto the back was carried out to remove the dog ear deformity. The skin was incised sharply and then cautery used to extend the excision down to the pectoralis major and latissimus dorsi muscles laterally. The chest wall tissue was taken off the muscle. THe flaps were undermined for several centimeters superiorly and inferiorly to allow closure. Would you use 19380 for revision of reconstructed breast ? Thank you!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join