AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Full Mouth Dental Rehabilitation

Question Full Mouth Dental Rehabilitation

AAPC: Back to School
    I am new at coding for a full mouth dental rehabilitation. I know I use the code 41899 only for an ASC. My question is since it is full mouth do I bill the 41899 per tooth or is it just the 41899 code by itself?

From CPT Assistant, April 2001, page 3 "When performing two or more procedures that require the use of the same unlisted code, the unlisted code used should only be reported once to identify the services provided. This is due to the fact that the unlisted code does not indentify a specific unit value or service. Unit values are not assigned to unlisted codes since the codes do not identify usual procedural components or the effort/skill required for the service." Report code one time and submit supporting documentation (op report) when filing the claim.
    Juanita Mendoza, CPC

Thank you so much.

Similar Threads

1. Exposure to blood via mouth to mouth resuscitation
    By PickChick in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2015, 12:34 PM
  2. Cold Sore/Mouth Herpes
    By francotti@aol.com in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2013, 10:41 AM
  3. Floor of mouth carcinoma---op note