I am ready to tear my hair out. I have explained to the office that they cannot routinely charge a 99211 for all the anticoagulation checks. The MD insists that he reviews everyone that is done.He is insisting that I bill it out. I reviewed a couple of the notes as follows: INR was done in office 3.4 pt has taken 4 mg good on 3.5 recheck in a week, today's INR 3.0 recheck in 1 wk..I have not been putting the 99211 on claim because this is not adequate documentation. Is there a link to verify the guidelines for this situation? Thanks for any help.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join