Need assistance with ER coding with initial hospital care.
CPT says basically that anything that happens prior to admit on the same calendar day is lumped into the initial hospital care code. Is that only if the same physician treats the patient prior to admit or can one physician, who treated the pateint in the ER, bill the an ER code and an another bill the initial hospital care code? Both physicians are in the same group. thanks in advance.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join