I'm not sure about the order of billing for you but I did notice a couple of things to recheck. You have modifier -51 on 51797, however, that is an add on code which is exempt from that modifier so you don't need to put that there. Also, was everything for these procedures provided for by the physician (ie, equipment,catheters, supplies, technician fees) or is the physician only interpreting the results of these studies. If he is only interpreting you need to add modifier 26 for the professional component. I'll keep researching about the order. I know that I've always been told that you code the most involved (therefor the most expensive) procedure first and then continue on from most involved to least since you get reimbursed at a lower precentage for each additional procedure. Good luck!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join