W/o reading the report and assuming catheter placements and injections were properly documented I would agree with your codes;however I would not add modifier 59 to the heart cath codes. Most commonly, the heart cath is performed first then catheters are exchanged and then placed in the carotids and subclavian. If the heart cath was done following the carotid angio then it would be appropriate to add modifier 51 and 59 to the heart cath codes. Does this make sense?
Dolores, CPC, CCC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join