I have a similar question.
We use a bisected patella implant for knee ligament reconstruction surgeries. It is a time sensitive product with a short shelf lifeâ€¦so we cannot order it and keep it available.
Several times the implant was not used, and we are obligated to send it back to the company at a cost of $50 to $100 for Fedex overnight.
If a special product like this is ordered for a specific patient/case and there is a cost when it is not used is that cost billable? Does it depend on if it was "opened" or not?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join