20986 price?

Default 20986 price?
    Exam Training Packages
    I have a doctor wanting to bill 20986 which is new in 2008, however, I don't see an RVU associated with that code. I'm curious what others do when there is not an RVU for a code as far as setting a price?
    Suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Jennifer

It is an add on code which is probably why you do not see RVUs associated. I will do some more research to see if I can locate more information on it.

What Medicare carrier are you with and did you check out their fee schedule or any policies they have on add on codes?

thanks
    Tina

We use Noridian. I had called our billing dept to ask about a fee for it, and they were unable to locate information.

I made a few calls and an average charge in this area ranges from $190.00 to $300.00. Wish I could have narrowed it down for you but.....maybe it provides you with enough information to drill down to a charge for your physician.

thanks
    Tina

Similar Threads

1. Price Per Report
    By jortego in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2014, 08:46 AM
  2. Help please-need price or code
    By Charlotte Lynn in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 11:29 AM
  3. 37221 Price