I think I understand what you are trying to ask, I will try to help you with an answer.
Only one physician can bill for the heart cath interpretation; usually this is the md who actually performed the heart cath. However, if there is another MD that is doing a separate consultation and does an independent review of the results, he or she can document their findings in their consultation report and it is counted as "amount and complexity of the data reviewed" which will help increase the level of MDM.
I hope this has helped.
Dolores, CPC- CCC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join