I agree that is correct but I question the motive.
The part that I question is the routinely bringing them back after to the global period to do a re-exam. Is that on purpose just so an E/M can be billed again?
I don't have providers that do this procedure very often so it is not an issue I have ever dealt with. It just seems suspicious to me that they are brought back after the 10 day global for the recheck and charged an office visit to tell them they are fine.
Just my opinion,
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join