I don't know if you have already figured out the coding
The doctor saw the pt. and arrived at diagnoses on the same encounter, he ordered an injection correct?-you code for office visit first code E/M cpt code new or established pt. Then cpt code for injection depending on what kind of injection and append modifier 51 to show to insurance payor that more than one procedure was done on that pt. encounter.
Modifier 25 is significant,seperate and indentifiable E/M, same physician/ same day.
Giving an injection is not considered E/M and the injection would not be a seperate, significant E/M same physician/same day. It would be part of the same pt encounter. you would then code the appropriate diagnoses or ICD-9 to warrant the injection.
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join