Per CPT under the IV section in the book page 435 of the AMA professional edition â€śthese codes are intended to be reported by the physician in a facility settingâ€ť
As for 99053 this as a status B procedure see below
Codes that are not recognized by OPPS when submitted on an outpatient hospital Part B bill type (12x, 13x, and 14x). Not paid under OPPS.
â€˘ May be paid by intermediaries when submitted on a different bill type, for example, 75x (CORF), but not paid under OPPS.
â€˘ An alternate code that is recognized by OPPS when submitted on an outpatient hospital Part B bill type (12x, 13x, and 14x) may be available
hope this helps
Robin Ingalls-Fitzgerald CCS, CPC, FCS, CEMC, CEDC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join