Per Inpatient Consultation category header notes in CPT "The following codes are used to report consultations provided to hospital inpatients......."
then in the front of the CPT book under place of service codes for professional claims look under place of service 21. A facility other than psychiatric..............services by or under the supervision of physicians to patients admitted for a variety of medical conditions.
The key part of this is that the patient has formally been admitted and has not yet been formally discharged from inpatient care. Hope that helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join