When a pcp does an addiction intake in the office, such as to admit pt to a treatment facility, ie detox, sober house...but is not doing an actual full physical exam (just family hx, personal hx, bp,rr, etc) would they still use a new or existing patient code or should they be using a mental health code?
Hopefully this is not a silly ?...I have only been cpc a yr now and want to make sure what they are billing is correct since I am new to the addiction intake.
Jill Martin, CPC