Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advice on taking CEMC exam

Smile Advice on taking CEMC exam
    Medical Coding Books
    I was wondering if anyone had any good advice for taking the CEMC exam? I am taking it on 12-5-09 and would love to hear any comments to do not to do.
    Thanks for any advice.
    MonaLisa LaBonte CPC
    mlabonte@medbillne.com

Default 1995 AND 1997 guidelines
    Make sure you understand BOTH 1995 and 1997 guidelines. Make sure you have BOTH audit tools available to you.

Practice the scenarios on www.emuniversity.com as he will also give you the answers with reasons.

Good luck.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

Default Cemc exam
    If you did not take the Practicum online...do it. Also, make sure you study up on Teaching Guidelines and know the ABN 131 form. All of that along with the 95 and 97 guidelines should have you set.

Michele R. Hayes, CPC, CEMC, CGIC

Read the questions before you read the note, that way you don't waste time.

Laura, CPC, CEMC

Do you know where I can get the 95 and 97 guidelines? I do have the study one and was hoping, I will also check out the other site you stated.
    MonaLisa LaBonte CPC
    mlabonte@medbillne.com

Question
    Did anyone find them running out of time? What is the average time it should take per note?
    MonaLisa LaBonte CPC
    mlabonte@medbillne.com

I got the 95 and 97 guidelines. thank you all.
    MonaLisa LaBonte CPC
    mlabonte@medbillne.com

I just took (9/18/09) and passed the CEMC. I would say know Consults, teaching physician guidelines, and both sets of guidelines. I used the book The Art of E&M auditing book, which has both sets of guidelines in it and it was VERY useful. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me at mflagg@hcr-manorcare.com

Mandy

Default Congrats Mandy!
    I'm happy to hear you passed. Heck of a test wasn't it? I was so glad when I passed, the whole time I was taking the exam I was thinking I do not want to do this again!

Laura, CPC, CEMC

That is an understatment! Actually I was dead set on taking it again because I thought there was NO WAY I passed it. Quick results also, took it on Saturday and found out yesterday! YEAH!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast