To the best of my knowledge there is not cut off time for late entries. I have looked extensively for this information and I have never found it.
I would think in your scenario, it wouldn't be much of an issue since the info was already in the note it just didn't make its way down to the A&P. Its the late entries that are way off that concern me. You know the "Oh by the way I forgot to document the comprehensive exam needed to support this level so 8 months later I shall dictate it" kind of entries.
I'm a bit jaded today, lol, but I have researched and will continue to keep tabs on this issue, if I find anything else I'll be sure and post it.
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join