If I am understanding you correctly you are asking if someone who is inpatient goes through the ER dept. to get an xray would you bill that as ER?
If this person is already inpatient, then no. There should be no revenue code with a 450 on the UB (unless ER then went inpatient). There can be of course a R320 or whatever radiology was done. By billing the ER then the xray while inpatient, you would be unbundling. Still hoping I am on the same page with you and understood you question!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join