When I just read the code description, it states "function evaluation (left and right ventricular function, ejection-fraction and segmental wall motion)", to me this means that the left and right function needs to be documented seperately but the ejection-fraction is an overall measurement not by ventricle. This is how I have coded it in the past as well. I guess it just depends on your interpretation because I can see where it might be interpreted to mean both ventricles for function, e-f and wall motion.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join