You can go to the MPFSDB http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PFSlookup/ to see what modifiers can be used. The 69990 has a "2" in the Assistant Surgeon column which states "Payment restriction for assistants at surgery does not apply to this to this procedure. Assistant at surgery may be paid." You can also find the same information in the AAPC Procedural Coding Professional book for 2008.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join