need insurances that require SL modifier

1. Default need insurances that require SL modifier
    Medical Coding Books
    Does anybody have a list that shows which insurances require the SL modifier with vaccines that are state supplied? Any help would be appreciated.
    Ann Marie CPC
    Watertown, CT

I only know of Anthem and United Healthcare. I am in New Hampshire.
    Karen Barron, CPC
    Hampton New Hampshire Chapter

I'm in CA and no other insurances that I am aware of require this modifer. You should not be giving a state supplied vaccine to commercial insurances.

Unless you are referring to the swine flu, you may want to add the SL for all insurances.Since we should only be trying to get reimbursed for the administration.

In NH we give state supplied vaccine to all children under 19 regardless of the insurance carrier. We do charge an administration fee, however.
    Karen Barron, CPC
    Hampton New Hampshire Chapter

Default Any State Policy
    We submit vaccines with the "SL" modifier to all insurances if the policy is a Medicaid or Child Health Plus plan. You are probably better off putting it on every claim that you administer from your VFC stock for tracking purposes. If you don't use it and the insurance pays a full reimbursement you will have to refund that money, which to me is more of a hassle.

I have not heard that the SL modifier is required for the Swine Flu vaccine but it can't hurt if it's on there.

I'm in NY by the way.