My surgeon placed a subcutaneous coil once and when I couldn't find a code for it, he suggested I ask our EP coder. This is what she said, "I have a 2009 coding strategies book from the AMA on Heart Rhythm Procedures, which says that there is no current CPT code that describes an insertion of a subcutaneous electrode - it instructs us to use unlisted code 33999."
Not sure if that is helpful or not. Sorry.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join