I can't tell by your post but it sounds like the epidural was placed but ineffective. If the patient received no pain relief for labor and elected for the Stadol fairly quickly after placement then I would consider billing placement only - CPT 62319 - flat fee/no time. Depending on the documentation and payer, if it was actually an "attempted placement" which was discontinued, the -53 modifier may be appropriate to indicate discontinued procedure.
Just my opinion. Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join