No, that would not be correct because a PD cath is not a central venous access device.
I am not exactly sure what stripping of the catheter means... but maybe 49325 would be correct? Would stripping and repositioning be considered a revision of the cath? I'm leaning toward yes but hope you get other responses and/or input from the surgeon himself if possible.
I did look in Coder's Desk Reference, CPT Assistant archives, and googled it, but I can't seem to find a definition for stripping or revision.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join