CR 148 issued April of 2004 states how to bill an incident t0 claim, it must meet the definition of incident to in the it is a followup encounter while the physician is on site. Then you will put the physician name and NPI of the physician in this practice that saw the patient for the same dx and ordered the follow up encounter, then in 24J you put the NPI of the physician that is on site supervising (any physician in the practice with the same specialty) and the 24J will match line 31.
If the PA is credentialed then you may bill under his/her number, and incident to only when the definition has been met.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join