At the cancer center the physicians instructed us to use the 21935 code if the documentation would support that this was a soft tissue neoplasm, which they defined as originating withing the soft tissue. Any Neoplsam originating in the integumetary tissues, ie epidermis, dermis, subq tissue we would use the 1160x codes since that was what was being excised out. I am not sure sure if this helps you but it was what we went with.
Down to the fascia indicates he went thru the subq tissue as in full thickness.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join