If you review the Coding Clinic 3rd quarter, 2007 pgs 10 and 12 it states that you bill the 62270 once regardless of the number of attempts but it goes on to assume the last attempt was successful. I have always added the -52 when I have billed failed attempts and sent documentation with my claim. Rarely have I had an insurance company give me an issue. They simply reduce your normal reimbursement. However, I couldnt find anything documented to support the use of the -52 on this. Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join