My DR performed an umbilical hernia repair which was incarcerated. He wants to bill out a first-degree closure which involved Ethibond pop-off sutures tranversely, two figure of eight sutures transversely and the umbilical stalk base was pexied to the fascial closure using 3-0 Vicryl. The deep subcu tissues were reapproximated to prevent seroma formation using 3-0 Vicryl in an interuppted fashion.
Can this be billed out or all major surgeries repair included? If it can, which repair code would this fall under?
Thanks fo the help!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join