It's not common to perform an echo and a stress echo on the same day unless the echo did not provide the results the md was looking for. If that is the case I would add modifier 59 to 93306 only; not necessary to add it to both 93306 & 93351. However, your documentation should support medical necessity to perform both tests on the same day; more than likely one of these procedures will be denied. Is your doctor routinely doing the echo & stress echo on the same day?
Dolores, CPC- CCC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join