Scenario #1: A child has flat feet for which the note states she has no pain and no difficulties with any activity. The MD states this problem should resolve itself in 2-3 years and, if she develops pain, she may come back for orthotics. follow-up prn.
Self limited problem 1 point / NO data pts / Minimal risk = SF MDM
Scenario #2: Same as above except the patient also is knock-kneed. No pain, no difficulties. Same A&P.Self limited problem x 2 = 2 points / NO data pts / Low risk = LOW MDM
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join