We frequently get "fibroadipose tissue" in our diagnosis, and was wondering if there was any information about coding for this. I understand fibroadipose tissue requires more work than adipose tissue, so I don't believe it should be coded as an 88304 like adipose tissue is, but can't find any documentation to support coding it as an 88305. Would fibroadipose tissue be equivalent to "soft tissue" 88305?
Any information would be greatly appreciated!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join