If you are billing 97124 for a massage therapist, do not use the GP modifier. Do not use this code for a PT, instead use the 97150. If the PT is truly providing only massage and you have a massage therapist on staff, think of sending to the MT. The insurance will begin to question whether or not it is palliative in nature. You do not want an audit. If you are billing the insurance for the MT services, you need an order for the therapy. If the patient is cash pay, no order is required.
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join