49440 includes includes fluoro guidance, contrast injections,image documentation and report. So, there no longer is a seperate S&I to code with 49440. It is an all inclusive code. This is the code used when the procedure is performed in Interventional Radiology.
If this was done by the GI docs endoscopically, I would use 43246. My question is: was there a need to use fluoro to place this tube?
Sorry I'm answering your question with a question:
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join