Please guide me ICD coding for â€śresolved conditionsâ€ť.
As per the general coding guidelines we would not code for any resolved conditions since the condition is no longer exists. But we come across the condition â€śresolved pneumoniaâ€ť. Under pneumonia in ICD 9-CM index we noticed the non essential modifier for pneumonia is mentioned as unresolved as well as resolved pneumonia.
Let me know how to code, 1) resolved pneumonia and 2) history of pneumonia.
Can we code as 1) 486 (even if the condition is resolved as per the document)?
If the physician evaluates for the condition and the same condition is resolved, we code the history. But in this scenario mentioned above can we code the resolved pneumonia as 486 or V12.61.
Subashini, CPC, CPC-H
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join