Hello, I have a concern regarding Inguinal lymph node excision cpt 38760 that crosses over to anesthesia code 00400, I think this is not correct since this procedure goes beyond the integumentary system, the description of the procedure is :"The physician makes an incision across the groin area. The surrounding tissue, nerves, and blood vessels are dissected away, and the inguinal and femoral lymph nodes are visualized. The nodes are removed by group. The wound is closed with sutures or staples.. For example codes 27328 & 27301 cross over to 01250 which is described as "proc. on nerves, muscles, tendons, fascia & bursae of upper leg" which I think it's the minimum we should be able to code for an inguinal lymphadenectomy. Any thoughts or references you can help me with?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join