AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maxim Health Services

Default Maxim

AAPC: Back to School
    Hello all,

I was reading alot of post on here about people who have taken Maxim test and was offered jobs, my question is has any of you started working, I know there were a few of you who said you did new hire paperwork and still hadn't started yet. I would like to know others experience with Maxim and if the one's who posted comments actually started yet?

They have contacted me repeatly but never follow through. They call and I miss the call and then they never call me back. It is very weird.

WHills, CA

Default Be careful....

I realize that some of you feel like you're getting the runaround from Maxim. Just be aware that people (staff) from Maxim have read your posts. That applies to everyone posting about their tests and other companies and their tests as well.

May I suggest that if you don't hear from a potential employer.....keep looking!
    Situations change all the time.

I've never dealt with this company, but why "Be aware"? If so many people are having issues with them, shouldn't THEY be aware that people are skiddish to work for them?

Default Maxim Health Services

Like many recruiting companies, Maxim keeps a pool of coders so that when they have a signed contract, they can place people. Once you start working for them the work is pretty steady. Don't let them fool you about remote coding, those assignments stay within the company and they are far and few between. The traveling positions have the best pay.

WHills, CA

Default Be aware is about right...

Maxim is a huge company. They are just about everywhere. What seems to aggravate job seekers is Maxim doesn't bother or need to make people aware that they are always recruiting and not necessarily hiring. This is true for quite a few companies. Sometimes you get the courtesy from the representative that they are only recruiting and signing up people. It would be nice if job recruiters at least make job seekers aware that they may not be hiring for 2-3 months if longer. Did anyone catch the news article online that companies are now offering newcomers $28,000 to start, take it or leave it? It is getting very scary to think companies are in control over every aspect of the job seeking opportunities that are available.

Thumbs up Maxim is great

I have worked for Maxim for 5 1/2 years. They have been wonderful to me. You do need to have at least 3 years of multi specialty experiance and be able to pass the tests. No CPC A with no real world experiance will be able to handle the types of coding we do. You also have to realize that you are not gaurenteed work. Some projects are short and some are long but if you do a good job for them they really look out for you and do their best to keep you working. You also have to be prepared to have your work audited regularly and maintain a 95% accuracy level. I cant imagine working for any other company.

Similar experience here as those aforementioned, not in coding but as a nurse. I signed on with Maxim to help with flu clinics; jumped many hoops (tests, orientations, CPR recertification), only to end up with one clinic the entire season, 30 miles out of town on a Friday evening - wonder why no one wanted that one?!! I didn't respond back to them when they attempted to recruit me the following year.

Smile Maxim is great

I have worked for Maxim as a remote coder - and when that project ended I was told it will start up again in April 2011.

My recruiter has kept me informed of any changes/updates.

I have worked for various other companies doing remote projects - and my experience with Maxim has been the best. Very good communication etc.

For coders who have never done contract work remotely - there is no guarantee of stable work. That is the nature of contract work. That applies to all contract coding companies, no matter what recruiters etc tell you.
    Sandra A Richardson, RHIT, CPC

I have worked for Maxim.
    I must say they are best remote company I have worked for.
    Although the managers need much training on how to deal with telecomuters

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast