Help with billing admin for H1N1

1. Default Help with billing admin for H1N1
    Exam Training Packages
    Does anyone know the difference between using G9141 or 90470 for the adm of the H1N1 vaccine? The info I received from Cigna this morning states you can use either code for reimbursement as both codes process in the same manner! The description supplied by the ins for both codes state that they are for the administration (including counseling) for H1N1 - the only difference I see is that 90470 states (intramuscular,intranasal) and G9141 does not specify the route of adminstration. We were planning to bill 90470 to all carriers except Medicare we were going to use G9141. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Robyn Serino, CPC

g9141 is for medicare

Quote Originally Posted by rhs218 View Post
    Does anyone know the difference between using G9141 or 90470 for the adm of the H1N1 vaccine? The info I received from Cigna this morning states you can use either code for reimbursement as both codes process in the same manner! The description supplied by the ins for both codes state that they are for the administration (including counseling) for H1N1 - the only difference I see is that 90470 states (intramuscular,intranasal) and G9141 does not specify the route of adminstration. We were planning to bill 90470 to all carriers except Medicare we were going to use G9141. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Robyn Serino, CPC
    Rachele Porter, AS, CPC, CPC-H, CEDC
    no weapons formed against me shall prosper