It's a little unclear from your post if you are billing for the delivering doc, or the one who didn't deliver...
If a doctor does not perform ALL of the components of global OB package (antepartum visits, delivery, postpartum care), there are CPT codes for all of these individual components. For NSVDs, check out 59409, 59410, for antepartum visits 59425, 59426, for postpartum 59430. If there are fewer than 4 antepartum visits, they are coded at appropriate level E/M. Note also that there are two ICD V codes for postpartum care. Make sure you choose the right one. Also check with your payers to see if they have any particular guidelines for the use of those codes. Not all of them follow CPT guidelines.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join