I would code only the 311 and the V6284. Was he "released" to another mental health facility seperate from your location? If so, the correct transfer discharge disposition could be used as well. In our ER when we have any urgent mental condition or situation, we call in someone from the local Crisis Counseling Center and they do their assessment, but we never code their stuff. I believe that they do it on their own. It could be different, though, depending where you work, I guess, but here, we do not code it.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join