I have a question about services performed on the same date by two different doctors (at the same practice).
The patient saw the first doctor for a new patient visit due to a left distal radius fracture. The doctor then referred her to a board certified specialist located at the same factility. The specialist saw the patient, and it was then determined the patient needed to have surgery.
Both doctors want to bill 99203 since it was a new patient visit, but can the same code be billed on the same day since they are two different doctors? Shouldn't the specialist bill with a new patient consultation code since the patient was referred to this doctor for his opinion/advice on the siutation?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join