I have seen various audit tools that have various formulas for a detailed exam based on the 95 Guidelines. I don't know that anything may have necessarily changed, but you could start with you Medicare carrier. When I work with physicians I tend to go with the 2 or more systems with Detail. If you read the guideline below literally, it should be at least 2 or more with detail.
Detailed -- an extended examination of the affected body area(s) and other symptomatic or related organ system(s).
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join