A Medical Assistant/Nurse is incident to a physician. They can apply the splint and it is billed by the physician who oversees/supervises them. Some nurses/MA's that work for Orthopedics are actually trained to splint and cast and the Ortho very seldom does the work himself. The same as if they gave an injection and billed under the doctor for the administration code. Read the incident to rules for employees other than Mid levels, that should help.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join