Yes, if both the pneumonia and flu shot are given on the same DOS, use V06.6 for the dx on all lines: 90658, 90471, 90732, 90472.
If the only reason for the visit is for immunizations, there would be no E/M. If an office visit is also done, bill the level the documentation supports. No modifier needed. The dx would be the reason for the visit.
Of course, if it's a medicare patient, it's a different story. (G codes and modifiers needed)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join