My physician is requesting additional information on limited breast ultrasounds. I have explained the code 76645 is for breast ultrasound of one or both breasts. He feels that during specific focused procedures where they are only looking at a very specific limited portion of the breast that we should be billing something different.
If I am incorrect in saying to bill the 76645 I would sure like to know. Please advise on this subject.
Thank you for your help!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join