Its that time of year again. We are at our fiscal year and time to make our rate increases. One challenge. If a patient is here during that time, can we charge this inpatient per this hypothetical example;
Day 1 â€“ 2 R&B â€“ $1316.00 â€“ Last 2 days of September.
Day 3-7 â€“ R&B â€“ $1381.80 â€“ 5% Increase went into effect 10/01/09. patient was discharged Oct. 5.
If you have guideline I can quote from, this would be helpful. I know Medicare doesnâ€™t usually issue pricing strategies, but maybe there is some guidance out there.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join