Pt is a 40-year old gentleman who has dialysis Tues, Thurs and Saturday(timing) and was out of town for the holidays and was driving back (context). Unfortunately he was not able to make it to dialysis session, so he missed Tuesday (modifying factor), also Wednesday and then came in on Thursday (duration) with shortness of breath(location or associated sign and symptom) to the Emergency Room.
This is assuming you have a chief complaint somewhere else.
Just my take on it,
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join