Although I do not have a copy of the full Act, HIPAA mandates in its UDS (Uniform Data Set) that Vol. III ICD is only reported for Inpatient services. CPT is recognized as the outpatient reporting system for services.
It's been quite awhile since I've read the full Act, but I'm sure copies are available.
Are you having a payer specifying or requesting Vol. III for OP Px? I'd show them this info. mentioned in HIPAA.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join