At the meeting I went to awhile ago just for this issue, we were told that to code the sepsis, there has to be certain criteria met--there have to be co-conditions due to the sepsis such as, fever, funky blood work results etc. Otherwise, you have to code down to the 599.0-UTI.
I don't have my "cheat sheet" in this office today otherwise I could give you better specifics--but hope I helped some.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join