I am very confused. The clinician documented the patient has "mild urosepsis with gram-negative rods, ID and sensitivities pending". The urine culture was greater than 100,000 gram negative rods. On his billing sheet, he wants to bill Sepsis for the hospital encounter. Do I use 599.0 or 995.91. On the subsequent hospital day, the documentation indicates Mild sepsis due to ecoli from urinary source-pyelonephritis.
Question: How would I code the first day
How would I code the second day
I am very confused about whether to code as 599.0 with 041.4 or if I use 995.91 and 041.4.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join