Okay, I'm learning by trial and error but here's what I've found out so far.
Q1003 is for New Technology (NT)IOL's (SN60WF) and are covered by Medicare. They allow $50 and pay $40. I have billed these same lenses to commercial plans with codes Q1003 & V2632 and have had VERY little if any success. Other lenses such as Crystalens (V2632 or V2788), Toric (V2787) and Restor and Rezoom (V2788) are not covered or paid by any insurances I've found so far. We bill these directly to the patient. All other lenses are included. The revenue code for IOL's is 0276 and that's what I use for commercial plans (even though they don't pay) and our Medicare goes on a 1500 form therefore a revenue code is not an issue.
V2790 is for amniotic Membrane and covered by Medicare but you need to send them the invoice. If you're an electronic biller, you can send your bill electronically and they will send you a request in the mail for the invoice.
Again, I am not an expert on this at all but this is what I've learned so far.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join